Cosmetic dentistry has become an extremely popular solution for people across Australia who are looking to improve their self-confidence and brighten their smile. Many dental clinics around the country offer cosmetic services in addition to their general dental treatments.
Seeking cosmetic treatments from your Oxenford dentist is a safe and effective way to transform your smile. Most dentists will agree that cosmetic care will not ‘change’ your appearance, but it can enhance your existing features to give you the confidence you are looking for.
What treatments are available at a dentist near me?
There are many different types of cosmetic treatments available at your Gold Coast dental clinic. Some cosmetic services and procedures are quite significant and complex; however, others are common and minimally invasive. Dental technology is continually evolving and improving, which means cosmetic treatments are becoming faster, more effective, and more affordable all the time.
At JJ Smiles Oxenford, our experienced dental team can provide advice on a wide range of treatment options. No matter what you are hoping to achieve with your smile, our cosmetic dentist Helensvale can find a solution for you. This includes:
- Teeth whitening (brightening your smile)
- Dental veneers (applied to your teeth to improve appearance)
- Orthodontics, such as braces Oxenford (to straighten your teeth and smile)
- Dental implants (to replace missing teeth)
- Dental crowns and bridges.
- Other restorative dental treatments.
The treatment time, recovery time, length of effectiveness and cost associated with each cosmetic treatment can vary greatly. It can also make a difference as to what dental clinic you choose to get your treatment from.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Of course, there are many benefits to cosmetic dentistry. While the outcomes achieved by every individual patient will depend on what treatment they are receiving, there are a number of common benefits that most people will notice following their treatment.
- Boosted self-confidence. The most common feedback we receive from our patients after cosmetic treatment is that their self confidence has improved drastically. Your smile is a significant feature of your appearance, so when you feel good about your smile, it can have a major impact on your overall happiness and satisfaction.
- A stronger smile. Some cosmetic dental treatments may result in a stronger smile. This is especially true if you are getting restorative dental work, which will repair and protect your teeth or gums.
- Reduced dental anxiety. Having a smile transformation consultation with your dentist will help you build a stronger relationship where you feel you can trust them for all your dental care. When you visit your dentist near me for a cosmetic dental consultation, it is likely that your dentist will also do an examination of your mouth to see your overall oral health. This is great, because it’s an extra opportunity (outside of your regular Oxenford check up and clean) for your dentist to notice any possible concerns.
Reasons not to get cosmetic dentistry
Generally, most people will be able to successfully seek cosmetic dental treatments from their dentist. However, in some circumstances, a dentist may not recommend cosmetic dental if they do not feel it is appropriate or safe for their patient.
One of the most common reasons we may recommend that someone does not get cosmetic dentistry is if they do not have the finances to afford the specific treatment they desire. At JJ Smiles, we encourage you to speak with our team about flexible payment options to ensure you can get the treatment you need without breaking your budget.
Another reason that your dentist near me may recommend against cosmetic treatments is if you are suffering from poor oral health. Cosmetic treatments are safest when your teeth are strong and healthy, so this may be something to consider.
Age could be another factor to consider when investigating possible cosmetic treatments. Generally, most adults can receive cosmetic services. However, it is not usually an aspect of Gold Coast children’s dentistry, because young children who are still growing their adult teeth may not be appropriate for this type of dental care.
Every situation is unique
At our bulk billing dentist Oxenford, JJ Smiles, we know that no two patients are the same! Everyone has unique circumstances and a unique situation, so it’s important that you seek personalised advice that is applicable to you.
Most dentists (particularly if you are new to the dental clinic) will need to examine your teeth, gums and jaw to see if your oral health is at a good enough standard for cosmetic treatments.
The only way to determine if you are a suitable candidate for cosmetic dental treatments is by visiting your local dentist near me. If you are hoping to meet with one of the expert dentists at JJ Smiles, you can book an appointment online or get in touch with a member of our friendly team. We will listen to your goals and what you are hoping to achieve, and work out the best way to transform your smile.
You may also like to hear dental tips that will amaze you